With the winter season upon us it is very common for you to consider or to start planning for home improvement projects. In many cases, prior to a remodel, you might determine there is hidden water damage that has occurred over the years as bathrooms are the most common place for water damage in a home. Sinks and tubs can and in most cases will get clogged and create overflows.
We realize coming home to water damage can be stressful so our water damage restoration team at the Restoration Now! in Omaha suggests preventing water damage before it happens. When regular inspections are performed for common water damage areas of your home, along with maintenance inside the bathroom, you can potentially avoid water damage from happening. Remember, if the unfortunate incident of a pipe busting, tub overflowing, or a washer leaking happens, contact our water restoration specialists at Restoration Now!. We strive to reduce as much stress for you as possible while putting your home back into optimal conditions.
Here are a few additional tips provided by our water restoration team at Restoration Now! Omaha for alleviating the damage caused to your bathroom.
Tips to Lessen Water Damage in your Bathroom
- Before you do anything, turn off the main source of the water to the bathroom. This way you can be sure the water damage will not worsen.
- If any drywall or baseboards are wet and damaged, they must be replaced to avoid mold growth.
- Before you begin your repairs, our water restoration team have a few things for you to do first. Remove the toilet from the room and remove cabinets if the wall or floor underneath them is damaged.
- You may also have to remove and replace flooring if water has seeped under tiles, carpet, or linoleum. Ceramic tiles, if properly sealed, will not be affected by water overflow. If there is a need to remove this kind of flooring, though, you will need a chisel and a hammer.
- Lastly, make sure everything is dry in the affected areas. After these steps you can begin the needed repairs.
Does this sound like a lot of complicated work? If so and this is more work than you think you can handle, then call us at Restoration Now! Omaha, a water restoration team. We will do the work fast and easy, and save as many possessions as we can for you!
Contact Restoration Now! Omaha Today (402) 502-7277
Restoration Now! (Restoration Now! Omaha) knows that water damage can be a very stressful situation and DIY repairs may be more than you want to deal with. Contact our water restoration specialists to repair the damage done to your bathroom. We will go in there and make it look like new! Call us today at (402) 502-7277.