Mold Damage Omaha
Mold is one of those problems that you rarely see coming. We all expect to see a little mold in the shower or bathtub, but when you start seeing it on your walls and ceilings, that’s a problem. Unfortunately, mold remediation is extremely difficult, and many times it’s also extremely dangerous.
You likely need mold remediation if…
- You see mold growing on your walls or ceilings
- You notice a pervasive musty, mildew odor anywhere in your home
- Your home is very humid, or you’ve had long-standing plumbing problems
What Makes Mold Remediation Difficult?
There are many different types of mold that commonly grow indoors. However, they all require the same two ingredients: moisture and organic material. Since your home is filled with organic material – drywall, carpet, wood, cotton, paper, etc. – the real catalyst is moisture. This is why bathrooms are the most common place to find recurring mold problems.
Mold remediation is difficult for two reasons:
First, the source of moisture that’s causing mold growth is usually difficult to find. You could have a leaky pipe somewhere in your walls, or some part of your home could be particularly prone to humidity, like your basement.
Second, mold spores are both microscopic and airborne. They can latch onto your clothing and hair, just waiting to feed on some new area of your home. This is why it’s so important to follow proper procedure when removing mold (below), because otherwise the problem will just resurface again somewhere else.
How We Restoration Now! Stop mold in its tracks
Our Omaha Restoration Now! is highly trained and experienced in the practice of mold remediation. We know exactly how mold behaves, how to safely remove it, and how to prevent it from reoccurring in your home. Our basic EPA-approved mold remediation practice is as follows:
- We identify the source of moisture. There is almost always a plumbing problem that needs to be addressed before removing any mold.
- We identify exactly how far mold has spread, and which parts of your home are salvageable. Porous materials like carpet and ceiling tiles almost always require disposal.
- We clean or remove all mold from your home, including mold hidden behind walls, underneath carpets, or above ceiling tiles.
- In severe cases, we bring in a third-party Certified Industrial Hygienist after clean-up is complete to give you peace of mind that your property is 100% mold-free
Throughout this entire process, you can rest assured that we’ll keep you in the loop. We’re dedicated to transparency and making mold removal as easy and hassle-free as possible. We’re available on call 24/7, so call or contact us anytime you need to kick mold colonies out of your home.