Did you just experience a fire in your home and now everything is ruined? Fear not! The Restoration Now! is a full service restoration team in Omaha that will work with your insurance company and fix all your walls, doors, windows, roofs, and plumbing. We will even offer an option for storage of your unharmed furniture for you while we clean. Below we have provided a snippet of how our fire restoration team would clean your stained wooden furniture to get your it back to way it was before the fire happened. Read on to find out how we can help you!
How our Restoration Team Removes Soot
Soot is a gray and oil based matter leftover after things have been charred by a fire. Soot can be very dangerous if a person breathes it into their lungs, so as fire and smoke restoration professionals, we recommend to let us handle this process.
- Our restoration team practices safety first by using a mask and vacuum cleaner to vacuum up extra soot on or around the furniture that we’re going to clean.
- We then put down a protective sheet to safeguard the floor while cleaning the furniture. If circumstances permit, we can also do the job outside.
- After putting on special gloves, we spread the restoration polish on the damaged spot. If the furniture has multiple damaged spots, one spot is focused on at a time.
- Using steel wool, we lightly massage the restoration polish cream into the wood, following the direction of the grain, otherwise you’ll end up with prominent scratches. Our restoration team will pay special attention to detail by wiping the excess cream from the surface.
- Last, we would take dry cloths and polish the spot.
If the inside of your drawers are also stained, the cleaning process for them is a bit different. Our restoration team takes a sponge and removes any leftover soot. Then we take a damp cloth with a gentle detergent and water and gently scrub out the drawers. If this does not work, the drawers can be sanded until the stains are gone because drawers are usually unfinished on the inside.
Note: For any lingering smells, we have a treatment that we can perform for you. If you prefer an all natural process white vinegar and baking soda can help soak up and eliminate the lingering odor.
Choose Restoration Now! Omaha Today! (402) 502-7277
Do you still have an odor in your house after the fire in your home? Restoration Now! Omaha can get rid of these smells for you and make it seem like your house never saw a fire. The Restoration Now! is a certified restoration company and we are proud to serve Omaha and the surrounding areas. If you have just experienced a fire in your home and have any questions or concerns about the restoration process, contact us today either by our contact form on our website or by calling (402) 502-7277. We are available 24/7 for emergencies that unexpectedly happen in your home and we’d be happy to help. We want to take some of that stress off of your shoulders.